The Driskill House is a facility that will house 12-15 men in private rooms. Each room offers a single bed with mattress and bedding along with a dresser and nightstand. The house also offers digital cable TV and wireless internet access for those with personal laptops. Meals are provided which is included in the cost. Below are pictures of the facility.
Driskill House is not a strictly regimented program. Residents here enjoy a good amount of freedom and leave the facility for work and other events. Nonetheless, we do adhere to a regular daily schedule.
Monday – Friday
- 6:00am: Daily Wake-up
- 7:00-8:00am: Breakfast & Chores
- 8:00am-6:00pm: Workday or Seek Employment
- 6:00pm: Dinner
- 10:30pm: Curfew
- 6:45pm-7:45pm Bible Study
- 8:00pm to 9:00pm AA Meeting (open meeting)
- 6:30am Mens Breakfast and Fellowship
- 7:00am Mens Bible Study
- 6:00pm: Church Dinner
- 7:00pm AA Meeting (open Meeting)
- 5:30pm: Evening church service at Hillside in Amarillo
- 9:00am: Morning church service of your choice
As you can see, residents are permitted a fair amount of free-time. Friday evenings and most of Sunday (after church services) are quite wide-open. If approved, residents may also receive passes to spend time with family and/or friends away from the facility.